Are you a fan of brownies and bread? If so, this mouthwatering brownie bread recipe is perfect for you! Combining the best of both worlds – the fudginess of a brownie and the sliceable convenience of bread – this treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. One may wonder, is a brownie considered bread? Well, this unique recipe might just blur the lines between the two.
What Makes a Brownie Chewy Versus Cakey?
It’s all about the balance of ingredients. Chewy brownies typically have a higher fat-to-flour ratio, resulting in a denser texture, while cakey brownies have more flour and a leavening agent, giving them a lighter, cake-like crumb. This brownie bread recipe strikes a delightful balance, offering a dense yet sliceable treat that can be enjoyed in various ways.
Topped with a rich chocolate ganache, this brownie bread recipe can be savored on its own, or you can elevate the indulgence by warming it up and adding a scoop of ice cream. Regardless of how you choose to enjoy it, this brownie bread recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Jeanette’s Perfect Brownie Bread Recipe
Brownie Bread Ingredients:
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. water
Ganache Topping Ingredients:
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
Brownie Bread Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Coat a 9×5-inch metal loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips using 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Allow it to cool down for a bit.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until they reach a light and fluffy consistency, which should take around 5 minutes.
- Blend the cooled melted chocolate, vegetable oil, and water into the egg mixture, beating at a low speed until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake the bread for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick or straw inserted into the center comes out clean, with no wet batter sticking to it.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Begin to check the bread at the 65-70 minute mark to avoid overbaking and drying it out!
- Allow the bread to cool down completely before applying the ganache topping.
Ganache Topping Instructions:
- Use a medium saucepan over medium heat to bring the cream to a simmer. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chips melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring it over the cooled brownie bread. And that’s it, you’re ready to serve!
This brownie bread recipe is truly a chocolate lover’s paradise! We hope you enjoy it. For more delicious desserts check out our chocolate truffle cookies or our creamy lemon bars recipe. And remember for any appliance service and repair issues you can always call Moore Appliance!