Are you looking for a decadent dessert perfect for a special occasion or a cozy night in? Look no further than Jeanette’s Chocolate Lava Truffle Cookies! They’re surprisingly easy to make, and you’ll never want to return to plain old chocolate chip cookies again.
How to Make
Jeanette’s Chocolate Lava Truffle Cookies
Are you ready to explore the world of Chocolate Lava Truffle Cookies? If you’re a chocoholic, you’ve come to the right place! These treats are a piece of cake to make and will leave you with a plate full of ooey-gooey, melt-in-your-mouth delights that are out of this world.
In this blog post, we will show you the ropes of making these delicious delights, including all the fixings you’ll need, tips and tricks for perfecting the recipe, and some creative ideas for presentation and serving. So, let’s get this show on the road and start baking up a storm!
The History of Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies were invented by Ruth Graves Wakefield in the 1930s at the Toll House Inn in Massachusetts, USA. Wakefield added chopped-up pieces of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate to her cookie recipe, which she believed would melt and disperse throughout the dough, creating a chocolate cookie. Instead, the chocolate chunks remained intact, creating a new type of cookie that became very popular.
The Toll House company eventually sold pre-made chocolate chips, known as “chocolate chip cookies.” Today, they are one of the most popular types of cookies worldwide.
Tips for Making a Good Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use high-quality chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Measure accurately: Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure that you add the correct amount of each ingredient.
- Chill the dough: Chilling the dough for at least an hour before baking helps the cookies keep their shape and results in a chewier texture.
- Don’t overmix the dough: Overmixing can result in tough cookies. Mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Use the right temperature: Preheat your oven to the correct temperature and avoid opening the oven door while the cookies are baking to ensure even baking.
- Use parchment paper: Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat will help prevent sticking and ensure even browning.
- Add extra chocolate chips: Adding a few extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie just before baking will result in a more visually appealing cookie.
- Experiment with add-ins: Chocolate chip cookies are great on their own, but you can also experiment with adding nuts, coconut, or other flavorings to make them your own.
How to Make Chocolate Lava Truffle Cookies
A new twist to an old favorite! If you are looking for a Chocolate Chip Cookie that is a bit different but decadent with a sweet and salty flavor, here it is!
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 2 bags Nestle Lava Cake Truffles
- Sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients except Truffle pieces and sea salt.
- After the cookie batter is combined, carefully stir in the truffle pieces.
- Place 2-inch cookie balls on a greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes approximately two dozen cookies.
Making Jeanette’s Chocolate Lava Truffle Cookies is incredibly fun and rewarding and yields deliciously rich and decadent results. With a few simple ingredients and helpful tips, you, too, can create a plate full of these mouth-watering treats that are sure to impress anyone with a sweet tooth.
Whether you’re looking to indulge in a little self-care, treat your loved ones to a homemade surprise, or try a new baking adventure, these cookies are a perfect choice. So, grab your apron, preheat your oven, and sink your teeth into some of the best cookies you’ve ever tasted!