There’s something about the cinnamon peach bread pudding recipe that just says “home.” Whether it’s the cozy feeling of cinnamon or the bright burst of peaches, this dessert is bound to be a family favorite. It’s a twist on a classic dish, offering comfort in every bite. Here’s everything you need to know about making it!
A Homey Classic Reinvented: Cinnamon Peach Bread Pudding Recipe
Ah, bread pudding! The smell alone can transport you back to grandma’s kitchen. And when you infuse it with cinnamon and peach? Pure magic. Let’s dive into this delightful treat.
What Is Bread Pudding?
Bread pudding, the age-old “waste-not” dish, came from the kitchens of frugal cooks who couldn’t bear to throw away stale bread. By soaking it in a mixture of milk, eggs, and sugar, then baking it, they turned something mundane into something extraordinary.
Each culture added its flair, but the essence remained the same – bread pudding is comfort in dessert form, and it’s been enjoyed for centuries across the globe.
What Goes Well With Cinnamon Peach Bread Pudding?
Pairing the cinnamon peach bread pudding with the right accompaniment can turn a great dessert into a heavenly experience. Picture it with a dollop of cream or a side of vanilla bean ice cream. Perhaps a glass of sparkling dessert wine or a robust coffee? Yes, please! The combinations are endless, just like your guests’ smiles.
Cinnamon Peach Bread Pudding Recipe
Ready to impress your taste buds? Here’s a step-by-step guide to making your own cinnamon peach bread pudding.
- 8 unbaked refrigerated cinnamon rolls in a tube
- 5 unbaked refrigerated biscuits in a tube
- 2 cups fresh sliced peaches (Canned or frozen may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup toffee bits (Not the ones covered in chocolate)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Bake those cinnamon rolls and biscuits as directed (do it the night before, stale bread works best). Save that icing; we’ll use it later!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Butter up a 9×13-inch pan.
- Cut up the baked goodies into 1-inch chunks and spread them in the pan.
- Mix peaches with sugar and spread them over the bread. Give it a gentle toss.
- Add a sprinkle of toffee bits.
- In a bowl, whisk together condensed milk, half-and-half, and eggs. Pour over everything, making sure it’s well-soaked.
- Bake it uncovered for about 50 minutes or until the middle is just right.
- Mix cinnamon roll icing with peach preserves and warm slightly. Pour it on top, and serve warm, perhaps with ice cream.
There you have it! An easy, delightful cinnamon peach bread pudding recipe that feels like a hug in a dish. And if your oven or any other appliance gives you trouble, remember to call Moore Appliance for local appliance service you can count on. They’re as dependable as this dessert is delicious. Enjoy your baking journey!