Spring is in the air, and it’s the perfect time to indulge in the refreshing taste of citrus fruits! Today, we’re thrilled to share Jeanette’s creamy lemon bars recipe with you, an irresistible treat that is bursting with the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors. These delightful lemon bars are perfect for picnics, potlucks, or simply for a well-deserved treat to brighten up your day.
Jeanette’s creamy lemon bars recipe is a celebration of citrusy goodness, featuring a luscious lime-infused filling on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. The secret to their incredible taste is the combination of fresh lime and lemon juices, which creates a zesty explosion of flavor in every bite. With this recipe, you’ll find yourself transported to a sunny, breezy day, even if you’re enjoying these scrumptious bars from the comfort of your own home.
The best part about Jeanette’s creamy lemon bars recipe is that they are incredibly easy to make, with just a handful of simple ingredients and a few steps to follow. In no time, you’ll be enjoying these delightful treats with your loved ones, basking in the compliments that are sure to follow. So, let’s dive into the world of citrus desserts and learn how to make these irresistible creamy lemon bars!
How to Make Jeanette’s Creamy Lemon Bars Recipe
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
For The Filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 5 medium-sized limes)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (roughly 1 medium-sized lemon)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper, ensuring a 2-inch overhang on the sides for easy removal later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and lime zest. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of your prepared baking dish. Bake the crust for 8-12 minutes, or until it turns a light golden brown. Remove the dish from the oven and let the crust cool for about 30 minutes.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk. Add the fresh lime and lemon juices, and whisk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust, carefully spreading it to the edges. Return the dish to the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove the lemon bars from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan. Once cooled, chill them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper overhang, and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the bars into squares. Share these zesty and delectable treats with family and friends, and enjoy the taste of springtime in every bite!
Lemon bars are the perfect dessert to welcome the warmer days and brighten up any occasion. Their delightful combination of zesty citrus flavors and a buttery graham cracker crust will surely make them a favorite among friends and family. Simple to prepare and irresistibly delicious, these lemon bars are a must-try recipe for anyone looking to add a touch of sunshine to their dessert repertoire. So go ahead, gather your ingredients, and treat yourself and your loved ones to these heavenly, citrus-infused delights. And for more deliciousness, try our other recipes like our cheesecake brownies and our lava truffle cookies! And if your oven isn’t cooking as it should, you know Moore Appliance Service always has your back for appliance service and repair!