Looking for an easy and delicious meal to make in your slow cooker? Look no further than Jeanette’s Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes recipe! This recipe is simple to follow and is perfect for a family dinner. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes to prep, and then you just wait for the slow cooker to work its magic! So why not give it a try tonight?
How to Make Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
A simple, family-friendly slow cooker dinner that’s ideal for a crowd. Ground beef and pork are used in these Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes, which are seasoned to perfection. You’ll never go back to store-bought Sloppy Joe sauce after you’ve tried this dish.
Why We Use a Slow Cooker
There are a few reasons why we love using a slow cooker for this recipe. First, it’s an easy way to cook the meat without having to watch it constantly. Second, the slow cooker helps to keep the meat moist and juicy. And third, it allows the flavors of the seasonings to really meld together and create a delicious sauce.
What Makes This Sloppy Joe Recipe Better
There are a few things that make this recipe better than other Sloppy Joe recipes. One is the use of both ground beef and ground pork. This gives the sauce a bit more depth of flavor and makes it more hearty. Additionally, we’ve added some chopped onion and green bell pepper to the mix. These add not only color and texture but also a nice sweetness to the dish.
Finally, we’ve used our own homemade combination of ingredients to flavor the meat. This blend includes Worcestershire, chili powder, apple cider vinegar, and more. It’s the perfect combination of flavors and really makes these Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes shine.
Jeanette’s Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Serves: 12
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. of brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Brown the beef and sausage in a pan with the onion and green pepper for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Allow everything to drain thoroughly.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef mixture with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook everything in the crockpot on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours, until everything is soft and juicy.
- Serve on hamburger buns or whatever you prefer.
And there you have it! A delicious and easy recipe for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes. Be sure to give it a try the next time you’re looking for an easy meal to make. Your family will thank you! Did you like this recipe? If so, take a look at the other recipes on our recipe blog! And remember, we’ve got your appliance repair covered if you’re ever in need of help.