The Pilot newspaper recently reported that in an average month, the Moore County Landfill receives about 650 tons weekly – that’s about 32,000 tons of landfill debris in Moore county annually! Part of that waste is discarded household appliances.
It’s time we consider personally all we can do to use wise recycling and conservation to curb the mounting height of trash in all landfills. Maintaining, rather than replacing, older appliances is one way to help. Of course, at some point all appliances just quit working, but often a repair is a less costly and more environmentally-friendly choice.
Six Reasons To Consider Repairing vs. Replacing Your Appliance
- You will help keep our landfills cleaner
- Appliance repair is more economical, in most cases, than purchasing a new appliance
- The new appliance may not match your existing appliances
- Your current appliances are typically more reliable than newer ones
- Appliance repair saves you the hassle and inconvenience of shopping for a new appliance
- Because you love your current appliances and just don’t want to part with them!